Search this blog

31 January 2018

Your Life in Your Hands

Another piece in my Wanderlust art journal,
this time inspired by Kasia's lesson.


The images on the first page were taken from a magazine,
as per her prompt.

They were too large to fit on my page, so I photographed them,
then imported the image into a Word document to reduce the size.

I  also flipped the image around,
so that the eagle was flying in the opposite direction,
mainly for visual balance,
but also figuratively as it is now flying
towards the future, not the past.


My poem was written using the three prompts of
past * present * future


I am using spare pages from my Wreck this Journal book,
for collage pages for the Wanderlust course this year
so for the second page the
trace your hand
page seemed apt.


The hand, one of Eliza's collage images,
was outlined with a black Stablio All pencil
& lightly blended with a water brush.

The butterfly image was also from Eliza.

*   *   *
it was another time & place
a different world
filled with tired shadows &
fading voices of yesterday

whilst blackbirds sing in the sunshine
I sit quietly with my thoughts
resting deeply in contentment
in this moment, here, today

my hopes with freedom soar so high
across the seas & through the sky
read my words, hear my voice, listen to my story
tomorrow, her arms wide open, beckons me

*   *   *