Search this blog

20 September 2017

A Piece of the Puzzle


The sixth & final challenge for #ITAC2017 was to create a piece of artwork,
using whatever format or techniques we wanted,
taking inspiration from the world
& to include one or more of the following;

CIRCLE(s)
the words PEACE, LOVE, HARMONY or UNITY
wire, stitching, lace or ribbon
the colour WHITE 
a HOLE or OPENING
Throughout this tournament
I have been working in a small handmade paper book.


My piece is entitled

Find Peace


For the main part of my piece, I used a blank jigsaw puzzle.


I took a photograph of three Pocket Cards by Tim Holtz,
including a map of the world.
.
I printed it out on photocopy paper,
then individually cut out, adhered & sanded the edges of each piece.


Open the door to reveal the wording beneath
(using the white brad as the door handle).


The circle kraft resist card is by Tim Holtz.

I altered the jigsaw edging to create my frame,
using gold peel offs, crackle glaze with layers of gesso & acrylic paint.

I wrapped gold beading wire through the holes three times,
securing the ends under the World word.


The jigsaw puzzle illustrates that we each have a part to play
in this interconnected world.

It needs all the pieces to make it complete.


Wherever you find yourself,
may you find

your own Peace.