Search this blog

30 August 2017

Grounded


The third challenge for #ITAC2017 was to create a piece of artwork,
using whatever format or techniques we wanted,
taking inspiration from Oceania
& to include one or more of the following;

Patterns inspired by traditional symbols
Either monochromatic black and white or colours of the Earth.
Some sort of organic or natural material
Shapes inspired by traditional or indigenous art
Throughout this tournament
I am working in a small handmade paper book.


I decided to go for the earth tones,
& natural wood,
using a piece of dry bark found on my walk.

I always feel grounded when near nature,
listening to the birds singing,
the bees humming
& watching dragonflies dance around.

The place where I feel at peace most
is standing in the middle of my garden,
surrounded by trees & wildlife.

My piece is entitled

Grounded


The background is a paper collage,
using images found in a magazine.


 The bark has amazing textures
so I left it as I found it
& wrapped a length of brown paper covered wire around one end.

It gave me the perfect place to rest my shoes.