Search this blog

05 March 2017

Use what you have ...

A delivery from Art from the Heart arrived this week.
Wrapped in red tissue, tied up with string,
opening them is like receiving the very best of presents.

You know you are always going to be delighted with the contents,
because you chose them.


Inside were my Dina Wakley Media paints
together with a piece of cardboard to protect the delivery.

So ... I combine the two to create my mixed media art journal page.


I trimmed the cardboard to fit into my Wanderlust journal,
15cm wide by 21cm tall.

Then I added torn pieces of crumpled white tissue paper,
applied with Mod Podge.

Once dried, I coloured with Dina's paints (Lemon & Lapis)
& left to dry again.

I dry brushed some white paint over the top,
to highlight the texture of the background.

Finally, I splattered the last of my mixed paint over the background.


I added detail with a black Fude Ball 1.5 pen,
then exaggerated the lines with a black Stabilo All pencil.

Then came Distress Crayons on the top,
& Distress Inks around the edges.

The mark making was made with black paint.


To add more dimension to the piece,
I cut into the cardboard in three places to create depth
& to create height, adhered three slivers of cardboard scraps.


The focus is the rusty key.

To age the K&Company key, I used
Ranger Texture Paste,
Distress Inks
& Perfect Pearls,


It is tied to the largest cardboard off-cut
(coloured with Dina's Ruby paint &
Chocolate Gelatos)
with the string from my AFTH delivery.