Search this blog

14 February 2017

Seen & Noted

Inspiration for week 6 of Wanderlust was brought to us by Amanda Grace.


Amanda's inspiration for her art journal spread,
was Valentine Day.
She composed a love letter to her husband,
incorporating an image transfer of a photograph from their wedding day.

My interpretation is below.


Before you say anything,
it is obviously nothing like Amanda's
& I know that.

The base this week is a hessian page,
to which I added another piece that I had coated in gesso. 


On top of that is a #8 size kraft tag by Ranger.
I added a piece of a Tim Holtz Pocket Card,
to make a pocket,
some lace & three more images from the pocket cards.


I used a white Uni-ball Signo pen to add some detail to the edge of the kraft tag.


A couple of staples to adhere two of the images.


The pocket holds my linen envelope,
hand cut & sewn with red cotton,
with a cute heart button.


Inside holds the butterfly tag,
with words cut from an old novel
(you know the one that I always use).


My love letter is attached to the back of the aeroplane tag,
made from two more pocketcards & a staple.


My Wanderlust journal so far.