Search this blog

07 January 2017

Start as you mean to go on

is a year long online mixed media & art journal course,
run by Kasia & Jamie at
.
Each week there will be video tutorials to guide & inspire us.

Last year I used a small Dylusion Art Journal,
which I loved,
however as the year progressed & my journal got fatter,
it got harder & harder to work in.

This year I have decided to create my own journal,
using a variety of loose pages,
all measuring 5½ by 8 inches.


The journal cover is a piece of corrugated card,
covered in a textured wallpaper sample,
with Tim Holtz Grungeboard alpha & numerals.


The inside cover holds the three words
I chose to focus on during this year long course.

play
refine
develop

Week 1
I am starting simply.


My paper this week is watercolour paper.

Background of acrylic paint (Pistachio)
a little mixed with Golden Soft Gel Medium (to add transparency),
a little mixed with Golden White Gesso.

A hint of stencilling, using gesso,
then splattered with watered down white gesso
& watered down acrylic paint (Black).


This week we were encouraged to spend some time to gather
& record our thoughts, creating a statement of intent
for the New Year.

Mine were printed & adhered with gel medium.

The word January was cut from a calendar,
(free with this month's Waitrose magazine).


Finally some Distress Crayon (mustard seed & twisted citron)
& Dylusions Paint Pen (White Linen)
& Ohto Fude Ball 1.5 (Black)