Search this blog

18 January 2017

A Little Nonsense

The inspiration for Wanderlust Week 2 comes from Mary Wangerin.

She used a quotation by Roald Dahl as inspiration for her artwork,
so I looked for one that would inspire me.

"A little nonsense now and then, is cherished by the wisest men."


Thus A Little Nonsense was created.


I used a piece of cardboard, 6 x 6 inches, coating it first with white gesso.


I then added pieces of paper & washi tape to cover my "canvas".

I left it overnight to dry thoroughly.

Next came a coating of clear gesso.


Around the edges I added white acrylic paint, over crackle glaze,
then rubbed Distress Inks (broken china & picket fence)
& Gelatos (Chocolate & Snow Cone).


To create my focal point, I added a piece of torn cardboard box
& my favourite butterfly, covered in Perfect Pearls.


Guess I didn't quite follow the lesson,
but I like it.