Search this blog

17 August 2016

Art Journal Week 32

This is my Art Journal page for Week 32.


I followed the prompt on Colour Me Positive (CMP), which was Alive.


The Artist Trading Card was made for The Craft Barn Alpha Challenge.


You can read more about it here.


The week number badge is cut out from a Tim Holtz Pocket Card.

All other images are from The Graphics Fairy.


I added the pair of eyes, to make you turn the page 90°,
as sometimes you need to look at things from a different angle.

To create the background I used Americana multi-surface
Neon acrylic paint by DecoArt (pink & blue)
over a base of white gesso.

Once dried I used stencils to add a layer of visual interest,
using more white gesso & a mini blending tool.


I used the Bubble stencil by Tim Holtz,
a handmade stencil derived from his Vintage Market alphabet die by Sizzix
& one of my own, made during ICAD2016.


To draw the grid, I used a White Dylusions Paint Pen.

Here are pages for Week 31 & 32 together.