Search this blog

10 August 2016

Art Journal Week 31

This is my art journal page for week 31.


We started a new month on Monday


I used the prompt on Colour Me Positive, which was Sparkle.


I laughed as I immediately thought of Frankie Grande.
He entered the UK Celebrity Big Brother house,
with one side of his head covered in sparkly glitter,
with a catchphrase of "shine bright like a Frankie".


Perhaps we should all try to be a little more positive about ourselves!

I used a quote from a BGU graphic for my Truth Card.


The background paper is by Papermania,
(bought over 7 years ago).

The butterflies are from a graphics CD by Crafty Computer Paper (now Homecrafts).

To create the background I used Americana multi-surface
Neon acrylic paint by DecoArt (pink & blue)
over a base of white gesso.

Once dried I used stencils to add a layer of visual interest,
using more white gesso & a mini blending tool.


I used the Bubble stencil by Tim Holtz,
a handmade stencil derived from his Vintage Market alphabet die by Sizzix
& one of my own, made during ICAD2016.

To draw the grid, I used a black Dylusions Paint Pen.

I love that fact that although this pen has a fine nib, it's not ink, but paint.

It glided over the acrylic paint & gesso stencilling with ease
& was dry in a matter of seconds.
Fabulous!