Search this blog

18 June 2016

Art Journal Week 23

This is the page in my art journal for week 23.


I have followed the prompt on Colour Me Positive (CMP),
which was about Opportunity.

I am taking part in ICAD (Index Card A Day) this year,
taking the opportunity during June & July
to work through two art journal books by Dina Wakley.


I have used the page this week to remind me of this
by using some of the elements I have been using in this creative challenge.


Also starting on 1st June was Summer of Creative Chemistry with Tim Holtz,
which I am trying to follow along with ...

... trying to make full use of all the inspiration that is available to me ...


To create the background, I first coated the page in white gesso,
then applied a layer of acrylic paint (Buttermilk).


Once dried, I added detail using a Tim Holtz stencil (Bubble)
with his Distress Stain (picket fence)
& used some Tissue Tape as a page divider.