Search this blog

20 April 2016

Art Journal Week 15

This is the page in my art journal for week 15.


I have followed the prompt on Colour Me Positive (CMP),
which was about happiness & included an additional prompt of splatters.

I have always loved being close to the sea,
close enough to listen to the waves breaking on the shore.

Here I am as a toddler, with my bucket in hand,
collecting shells & sea glass.


This week I visited the coast
& treasured the calming moments of the rhythmic sounds of the sea.

I feel a deep comfort within my soul &
this is where I am happiest.

Found Text "Her feelings were plain"
The words on this page were cut from the one book I use for my art
& yes, Eastbourne was really in it.


To create the background, I first coated the pages in white gesso
using a palette knife, which created texture,
then I splattered acrylic paint & once dried,
I added a little more white gesso.


I then overlaid a piece of vellum to mute the colours,
as they seemed to clash with the focus of my journaling.