Search this blog

23 March 2016

Art Journal Week 11

This is the page in my art journal for week 11.


I have followed the prompt on Colour Me Positive, which this week was
Intuition.

I had a short break away this week.

The background for the Artist Trading Card (ATC) was taken from a photograph
of a decoupaged fish, one of many, all decorated differently,
on display in a harbour I visited during this week.


On the reverse it has a small photograph & space for notes.


Here is a picture of the fish.

I loved the shade of blue used for the base, then all the layers of torn newsprint,
flowers & other imagery used by the artist.


This is a small pocket to hold the business card of a restaurant that I stopped at for lunch.


The inchies this week reflect the seaside -
blue mulberry paper for the sky, with wispy clouds,
the bottom one is textured wood, representing the sea
& finally one with sand from the beach.

The background was created using acrylic paint (butternut)
over a white gesso base,
then I used watercolour pencils to create the grid lines.