Search this blog

24 February 2016

Art Journal Week 7

With Valentines Day during week 7, thoughts turned to those I love & those I have loved.

Art Journal page inspired by the Colour Me Positive prompt.
I used acrylic paint to create the background, aiming for a watercolour style.


I used a Stabio All pencil in black to draw the outline of my grid,
smudging the edges with a damp paintbrush.

I cut the flowers & heart from the cellophane & paper
that were used to wrap a bunch of flowers,
a gift from Valentines Day.

I searched through my blog for all my "heart" postings
& came across one from eight years ago,
in which I wrote a poem for a very dear friend of mine,
who sadly is no longer in my life.


The words do overpower the page,
but after hesitating for far too long, I just went with it.


I decided to cover over some of the words, so added a hinged ATC.

The base paper is more of the bouquet wrapping paper.

The other papers are from a very old patterned paper pad by Lasting Impressions.


I added a square of textured paper, a gift from my dear sister.

The final touch was a few more words,
this time from a sheet of Tim Holtz Idea-ology Remnant Rubs
& a little Tissue Tape.


Remember to cherish those you love & care for.