Search this blog

25 July 2015

Dare to be yourself

I have been working on a few more projects,
using the collage sheets included in my Soul School Brave Boxes
from the Brave Girls Club.

First up is an oh-so-cute little notebook. It measures about 4 by 2¾ inches,
purchased from The Craft Barn.



The front cover has a piece of green corrugate card from Inspire Me Papers,
together with one of the butterfly images from the collage sheets
& a strip of Dovecraft Lace Ribbon (curiosity corner)

On the inside is a welcome message.



I went through the book & pulled out a few pages from the centre of each signature, to thin it out.

Then on each double page spread is a photocopy of each month's Affirmation Card,
with a copy of the wording on the opposite page.


I edged the wording with Whispers Strokes pens, in a matching colour,
whilst the image got my usual sanded edges.

It is small enough to pop into a pocket or a handbag, so that I can keep it with me at all times.

When I have a quiet moment to myself, then I can read the text,
be inspired by the images
& reflect on the lessons learnt.

Next up is something for my desk.

As I was looking through the collage sheets & started to cut each image out,
I was drawn to one of them immediately.

Not surprisingly for me it was a butterfly,
 however what struck me was that it was a rather large circle.

I checked & yes it was exactly the same size as a DVD,
so I began to look through my pile of unwanted media & found this one ...

THEY WHO DARE

Oh yes!

Here is the finished altered media piece.

DARE to be yourself


I printed out the words, punched a hole in the top for the fibres,
so now it can hang by my desk.

I added Ranger Ink Liquid Pearls (White Opal), Gold Stickles,
to add lustre & sparkle ...


& using Glossy Accents,
adhered three dew drops from The Robin's Nest,
to add dimension & shine.


The back is covered in the remaining paper from the box.


I am working on another project, but more on that one next month.