Search this blog

13 April 2015

Rejoice


The theme for April at The Documented Life Project is
Colour Safari
(Exploring Inks and Paints)

The Art Challenge for
Week 15.  Acrylics
& the Journal Prompt for
Week 15.  Cry Me a River
Well the lyrics to the song prompt meant nothing to me,
however my favourite version of this song is by Julie London
so I listened to her recordings on Spotify
while I drank tea & played in my journal.

We had a lovely afternoon together.

Over a base of gesso, I applied my paints using a credit card,
allowing each colour to dry, before applying the next.




Each time, I wiped off the excess paint on to a manilla tag.

Eco crafts acrylic paints (Rose/Pistachio/Waterfall)

I  added book text & elements from 7 Dots Studio, to which I added gesso
& outlined with my white Posca pen.



I  printed the words for the tag & covered it with some washi style tape made a few weeks ago.


A little doodling with my Micron pen to finish.


I printed the word Rejoice with my Dymo machine.


We are at week fifteen of this project
& I have come to the conclusion that I cannot follow rules,
so I am going to continue to see what the challenge & prompts are each week,
but you may find me wandering off topic.