Search this blog

30 April 2015

Funday Times


The theme for April at The Documented Life Project is
Colour Safari
(Exploring Inks and Paints)

The Art Challenge for
Week 17.  Inks
& the Journal Prompt for
Week 17.  Before the ink dries
Well the prompt this week just screamed playtime so I coated the blank pages with gesso
& grabbed my alcohol inks & plenty of kitchen towel.

I went to the paper recycling box to find an old newspaper (to protect the desk)
& found this wonderful image,



so before I set to with the inks, I cut the image out
& once adhered to the page, I covered it with clear gesso & left to dry.



I used my kitchen cookbook stand to secure my journal in an upright position



& then let the ink drip down the page.



I added a few more words found in the same newspaper.





I used Ranger's Adirondack Alcohol Inks
(Eggplant/Stream/Lettuce/Butterscotch/Cranberry/Wild Plum),
Liquitex Clear Gesso
Sakura Pigma Micron Archival Black Ink Pen


time to create and have fun