Search this blog

06 March 2015

I'll say it again


I'm back with a double helping of challenges & prompts
from The Documented Life Project.

Continuing February's theme of
Layers you will love.

The Art Challenges are
Week 8.  Repeating elements
Week 9.  Using at least five layers
& the Journal Prompts are
Week 8.  It's worth repeating  
Week 9.  Give me a high five
I was searching for the right five letter word for this journal page,
something to inspire me,
to have some kind of reason to journal, something worth repeating ...

I decided to look at my own blog & then it struck me ...

"daisy, daisy
as the second month draws to a close,
it's worth repeating the five goals you set yourself
at the beginning of January."



The first layer is a base of gesso.

The second layer is a watercolour effect background, created using Whispers Strokes. Annoyingly the permanent ink pens do not have their individual colour names on them, so here is a photo to record which ones I used.


The third layer, stencilled patterns, using ColorBox fluid chalk inkpad (Orchard Pastel) through the Tim Holtz Dot Fade stencil by Stampers Anonymous.

The fourth layer is my grid & my doodled letters & flowers. The grid template, which I use for my Moleskin book, is just the right size for this journal.



Finally, I added words & letters cut from an old book (Pride & Prejudice), printed text & Ranger's Texture Paste, through stencils (Typo & Dot Fade).



There was also some white gesso added on the top.



I did struggle to get started on this challenge,
but once I got going I really enjoyed the process.

It gave me the opportunity to use stencils & paste, both for the first time.


I also made use of an old ink pad, very old colouring pens
& a butterfly that I found whilst looking for something else.