Search this blog

28 February 2015

Sew good


Time for a little sewing, both by machine & by hand.

I used

Sew this page



I did an inkjet image transfer onto adhesive backed canvas, using matt gel medium.


The image of the girl sewing embroidery is from the Graphics Fairy.


I hand stitched the canvas onto a piece of cotton backing using red thread.


The fabric was then added to the page over the background image.

Leftover thread was wound around the reel

For my next page I used

Wrap something with this page

&

Hide a secret message somewhere in this book


I folded the first page, stitching around three sides to create a pocket,
which was then adhered to the second page.

Stitched Pocket


I decorated a tag with offcuts of Scissor Sisters patterned paper (no longer available),
a copy of the photograph I used earlier in the journal
& a butterfly that was laying around.

Front of Tag
Back of Tag
The secret is now hidden on the back of the tag, which is tucked safely in the pocket.