Search this blog

08 February 2015

Below the surface


This is the last challenge for January's Theme of facing the blank page.

The Art Challenge is
Week 5.  Under Paper
& the Journal Prompt is
Week 5.  What lies beneath?
For my first challenge I used book pages torn from a novel by Jane Austin called
Pride & Prejudice.

It is a story of how Love overcame these obstacles.

I began by writing my thoughts in watercolour pencils, then sprayed with water so that the colours ran into each other, but the background was to pale.

The next day, I decided to collage with book paper, then colour the background with chalks. The background had the subtle colouring I was looking for,
but the printed text gave it more visual interested then my first attempt.



I cut two hearts & a frame from the book
& printed out a romantic image, together with the page caption.


Finally, I added some doodling, elements from 7 Dots Studio & a little tape.