Search this blog

16 January 2013

Alpha Tag Book

The Craft Barn has started a challenge which will run throughout the year.

The Alpha Challenge is to use one letter from the alphabet
as inspiration for our creativity.

The original challenge idea was to alter a dictionary, which some participants are doing.

I decided to use my remaining Krammers tags (from Pink Porcupine) to create a small alphabet tag book.

I have completed the front & back covers together with the first tag.


I cut up the title page torn from my well used crafting dictionary, to create a washi tape sticker for the front cover. You can see how I create my washi style tape here.


We are starting the challenge with the letter V.


I chose the word variety for my tag & used the word definition torn out from my dictionary. I have also punched out the title letter, with a small circle punch.


On the reverse I added the quotation
"Variety is the spice of life"
William Cowper


I am using patterned papers Life's Journey Pansy by K & Company, Distress Ink (antique linen), with a few extras along the way.


A new challenge letter will be revealed every two weeks.