Search this blog

10 October 2012

History Lesson

This layout records my visit to an exhibition held in London, back in 2008.


This is the accompanying layout to my Titanic page.
As with most exhibitions, we were not permitted to take photographs,
so I have used an image from a educational poster we had saved.

I was using case file 39 from Color Inspiration Story,
which also included a layout sketch to follow.


The background is a map image available from Mary Green at Green Paper Packages.


The map colours match the colour swatches for this challenge.


The journaling is on a pull out tag.


The journaling uses the notepaper image from case file 37, with the tabs recoloured.


The reverse includes a copy of the exhibition ticket.


I used a re-tinted brick wall image from case file 33,
to create a pocket for the journaling,
which reminds me of all the stone blocks needed to build the pyramids.


 I added two gold coloured brads to reflect all the wondrous golden artefacts we saw.

Working through the case file & thinking about how I was going to do this layout,
brought back so many memories of the day
& the amazing ancient artefacts we were so privileged to see.

This page will continue to act as a memory trigger for me for years to come.