Search this blog

17 September 2012

The grass is always greener ...

Another page in my mini memory keeper album inspired by a challenge on Color Stories Inspiration.

You might think this is an unusual photograph to pick out of all my summer holiday snaps this year, but this one always makes me laugh when I see it.


For this layout I used Case File no. 35, which is shown below.


Picture the scene. We were on our balcony, resting in the shade on a hot summer's afternoon, when we hear footsteps crunching across the pebbles in the garden. Two cows, as bold as brass, had walked down the main road straight through the open hotel gates & were weaving their way around the villas through the flower beds.


We grabbed our cameras & went to track them down. We found them perfectly content eating the grasses & enjoying the cooling sea breeze.


I used the quotation from Emerson provided in the case file.

"Live in the sunshine.
Swim in the sea.
Drink the wild air."


The birds across the top of the page were lifted from the photograph below. The owner had painted a line of flying birds on the end wall of their house. Another photograph that always makes me smile.


And finally, the perfect place to keep three small pieces of sea tumbled glass collected from the beach.