Search this blog

18 September 2012

Steady work at the barre

Another page in my mini memory keeper album
inspired by a challenge on Color Stories Inspiration.

This layout records my ballet exam at
The Royal Academy of Dancing,
whose motto is Salus et Felicitas,
latin for Health & Happiness.


The case file notes for this challenge are below.


I used the brick wall image from case file no. 33,
with a quick coat of pink wash.

I added some graffiti by uplifting
Dame Margot Fonteyn de Arias signature
from my certificate,
together with sketches of ballet dancers
from the cover of my exam syllabus book.


I created a little pocket to hold my journaling
& copies of the certificate & accompanying report.

They are secured using ribbon.


Just pull on end of the ribbon to lift the papers out to read.


Sadly I don't have any photographs of me in my ballet outfit
or of the day itself.
It was a very exciting day,
as the exam was held at The Royal Academy of Dancing
in Knightsbridge in London.

I can clearly remember the room & the upright piano.
There were other girls taking their exam that day,
but I did mine on my own.

I also remember the uniformed soldiers in the barracks opposite.
They looked very impressive.