Search this blog

22 September 2012

Simple Pleasures

A couple more pages from my Moleskine. The first set of tangled Inchies are standard black & white.


They are rather dramatic in just black & white, but I find them quite harsh on the eye. I think adding a little colour makes them more interesting to look at, so inspired by the beautiful evening sky, for the next page I added a little sky blue pink.


The watercolour wash background was created before the inchies were filled in, as at this stage I was waiting for my Sakura Pigma Micron drawing pens to arrive.


Once dried, I sketched my inchie borders.


Then I started to play. It's amazing how you can lose track of time doing something so simple. I don't like some of the completed inchies, but that is not the objective here. It is more about developing pen control, relaxing & letting the ink flow.


I was very pleased with the result & may still use this method even though I now have my waterproof pens.