Search this blog

13 September 2012

Keep Calm

This layout is prompted by a scrapbooking challenge
by Color Stories Inspiration.


They set a new challenge every few weeks.

As my starting point, I picked a challenge from August.


Colour inspired by the scene
gives us our colour sampler,
then we take two pieces of evidence
& one testimony
to guide us through the challenge.

I documented a beach trip from my childhood.

This image is taken from an old black & white photograph
of me with my bucket
gathering shells & sea tumbled fragments of glass.


In addition to the prompts,
we are provided with some delicious paper
& elements to use.

I used the quotation provided,
adding the small fish on top..


I made an envelope to hold my tag.


I found this small piece of ribbon in my ribbon box,
just the right size to be attached by a blue staple.


I added transparent blue dewdrops,
which go across the top of the layout.


The shells are layered with Glue Gel from Pinflair to give dimension.


I thoroughly enjoyed this project
& am looking forward to
working through more case files.