Search this blog

25 April 2010

Dreaming of a Happy Birthday

A birthday card made using paper & elements from Vinnie Pearce's Dream mini digikit.


I created my design digitally, then printed out the papers & butterflies on plain white card. After cutting out the different pieces, I sanded the edges to add a shabby distressed look.


The two large butterflies were layered using 3d foam & three pearls were added to the top butterfly.


To add a little sparkle to the banner, I wrote over the Happy Birthday lettering on the banner with my white Inkssentials pen, then with my Sakura Quickie Glue pen, sprinkling Art Institute Glitter (85 Crystal Utrafine Transparent) over the wet glue.


I added three more single pearls to the card & tied olive green organza ribbon around the inside of the card, finishing with a bow.