Search this blog

30 July 2008

Lasting Memory

The challenge this week on This Thursday it's all about ... is to attempt to create something you truly believe is either beautiful or useful.

There was a project I have been wanting to do now for over a year. Where does the time go? This was the perfect challenge for my project.

I collected some glass tiles whilst on holiday last June - the idea was to make them into a coaster as a lasting memory of a wonderful holiday. On returning home, I sourced some coaster bases & some smaller matching tiles, both by Mosaica.


Today I have both started & completed my project (after spending a considerable amount of time trying to find the aforementioned bases & tiles - they were in a very safe place).

I decided on the pattern & then secured each tile in place using PVA glue. It was left to set for a few hours.

Then I had to find the tile grout in the garage ..... some time later, I mixed up the grout & coloured it with a blob of Acrylic Paint (Stream). Before the grout set, I pressed in some clear Accent Beads. The hope here is that they will catch the light & dance like water in a swimming pool.

Here is the finished project.



This project also fits the challenge theme this week on Arty Girlz, which is Blue.