Search this blog

04 May 2008

Songbird

The new theme for Leonie's Fab Friday Artist Trading Card Challenge is Music from the Heart.

I was inspired to make my ATC by the joyous sound of the dawn chorus.


The mountboard base was covered in paper from Crafts Beautiful. It was edged with a Krylon 18ct gold leafing pen.

To make the heart, I used a Fiskars template & paper from the Urban Couture range (URB-362 Damask) by Basic Grey. The edge was inked with black ink. I wound gold metallic thread around one half.

To make the stand, I folded over the bottom of the heart & covered it with another piece of paper. I love the way it can stand up by itself.

To make the bird, I first had to make a silhouette template. Then I placed it over some sheet music, drew around the template & cut it out. From the sheet music, I also punch a small heart shape. It was mounted onto card & edged with black ink. I wound gold metallic thread around it & mounted it onto the larger heart using 3D foam pads.

I cut freehand from the sheet music to make a branch to place under the bird's feet.

I secured a photo anchor with a brad, which would form the closure mechanism.

I printed off my chosen words onto plain white paper, then coloured the paper with Distress Inks (antique linen) before cutting out each word.



To listen to the birds singing first thing in the morning, so full of joy & excitement at the new day, really does warm my spirit & cheer my soul.