Search this blog

08 November 2007

Christmas Fat Pages

These are Fat Pages made for a swap with my crafty friends.

Fat pages are 4 inch by 4 inch square,
decorated front & back & usually on a theme.

This theme was Christmas.

After the swap, I will end up with a collection of pages from everyone,
which I will then make into a book, using book rings.

It will be a wonderful source of inspiration from a very talented group of friends.



The overall colour scheme was blue & brown. I used mount board as the base.

The fronts were covered in good quality cardstock s.e.i Grannys Kitchen (apron/table ticking 7-7110 & tablecloth/kitchen stripes 7-7104) & Tim Holtz distressables (Postale 0737).

I stamped the tree stamp from Magenta’s Snow Much Fun set onto watercolour paper using Adirondack’s Denim Dye Ink Pad & with my water brush bled the ink inwards on each tree & outward from the border.

Using my craft knife, I cut four slits on each side of the border & fed organza ribbon through, to adhere it to the back.

Using my Sakura clear Gelly Roll glaze pen, I went over the stars & corners. I added a star shaped crystal to the top of one of the trees.

Using my water brush, I torn some white mulberry paper slightly larger than the watercolour paper & mounted my stamped imaged on top.

Using my crop-a-dile, I made a hole in the top right corner & secured a large blue eyelet.

I edged the mount board with my Krylon 18kt Gold Leafing pen before adding two colours of organza ribbon & threading them through the eyelet.



The backs were inked with Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Antique Linen & Weathered Wood), spritzed with water using a Mini Mister, then sprayed with the Moon Glow’s Moon Shadow Mists (Buccaneer Bay Blue & Buccaneer Bronze) & dried with a heat gun.

I made a small 1 inch pocket for the back to hold a small tag using paper from Lasting Impressions Sea Shore Collection  (Sea Spray SES5).

Using my piercing tool, I made small holes around the edge of each pocket & stitched through the holes with white cotton thread using a sewing needle.

I cut out a square of the paper & mounted the pocket to it. I then attached this to the front of some mulberry paper, as described previously.

I printed out text from the computer to make the tags; a greeting on the front & a hidden message on the back. Using my Krylon 18kt Gold Leafing pen, I edged both front & back then stuck them back to back, enclosing a small organza ribbon loop between the two sides.

Using a small snowflake punch, I cut out a snowflake from the pocket paper & stuck it to the centre of each pocket, placing a small round crystal in the centre.