Search this blog

27 April 2016

Art Journal Week 16

This is the page in my art journal for week 16.


I have followed the prompt on Colour Me Positive (CMP),
which was about Art, with an additional prompt to include a bird.


Well here is my "bird" sitting peacefully on my Artist Trading Card (ATC)
for The Craft Barn Alpha Challenge. You can read more about it here.


During this week our Queen celebrated her 90th Birthday.

I had the idea to use the page number for my inchie &
as I was about to cut it out, I noticed the words just above it,
which coincided with my Week 15 theme on the opposite page,
so I moved the number off centre a little to capture the words
positive happiness.


To create the background, I first coated the pages in white gesso
using a palette knife, which created texture,
then I splattered acrylic paint & once dried,
I added a little more white gesso.


I then overlaid a piece of vellum to mute the colours,
as they seemed to clash with the focus of my journaling.

Here are pages from Week 15 & 16 side by side.