Search this blog

11 July 2015

ICAD Week 6

ICAD  is the Index Card A Day creative challenge, which runs for two months from 1st June.

I am posting my cards daily on Instagram, but only publishing a blog post once a week.

My index cards are 3" by 5"

This week I have taken the theme prompt of games
& as with all games, a few explanations are needed.

Day 26
Impulsive Word Game
This card was inspired by a single game of Word Balloon
on my Nintendo DS the night before.

The game is similar to Hangman.

The word generated was Impulse.

Day 27
Playing Solitaire
The card game Solitaire, is also known as Patience,
which lead to this quote from Francis de Sales.

The lone Ace of Hearts represents ourselves.

Day 28
Games Compendium
For card 28, I took a photograph of the index card,
which had been covered in the used gift wrap as usual.

The image was enlarged & printed out.

Letter were cut to spell out
Hide & Seek

Can you find where each letter originates from?

Also can you spot the clues which lead me to choose a Compendium for this day?

Day 29
Words with Friends
The Scrabble tiles are made from printed images adhered to a mountboard base.

Day 30
The Rule Book
To end this week, I thought I had better throw in the Rule Book.

I have used washi tape by Stampington,
white pigment ink Signo pen by Uni-ball,
Tim Holtz Pocket Cards & distressibles cardstock (Library)
Distress Ink (black soot) & Whispers Strokes Pen (Red), 
images by Jessica Sprague,
dymo tape, staple & fabric tape,
page torn from on old English dictionary,
gift wrap paper by Cavallini Papers & Co Inc,
the Butterfly & the Bee are from Madame Payraud Patterned Paper by docrafts.