Search this blog

11 May 2015

I have an Idea ...

This is a project from Melody Ross.

I used what supplies I already had,
so that meant a smaller canvas (7 by 5 inches).

I also decided to do mine portrait,
rather than Melody's landscape original.


I didn't have any heavy-body acrylics,
so I just used my regular set of cheap acrylics.

Creating a textured background using a palette knife & cheap acrylic paint

Mars Black
(background)

Titanium White (lettering)

Need to leave this to dry overnight

I used Golden Soft Gel (Matte) Medium as my collage medium.

Collage pieces added & painted over
Lemon Yellow (hat) 
Medium Yellow & Yellow Ochre (flower)
Phthalo Green (leaf)
Colbalt Blue & Phthalo Blue &  (flower)
Crimson (flower)
&
Walnut Stain Distress Ink (antiquing finish)

Trying to show the gold edge

For the edges of the canvas,
I used ecoGreen's Pure Gold acrylic paint
instead of sheets of gold leaf
over a background of Burnt Sienna.