Search this blog

18 May 2015

Casting Shadows


The theme for May at The Documented Life Project is
Touchy Feely
(Texture)

The Art Challenge for
Week 20.  Modeling Paste
& the Journal Prompt for
Week 20.  Rising to the Occasion 
I will not be creating a new journal page this week for The Documented Life Project. 

Instead I am revisiting earlier pages in which I have used texture paste.

Firstly, my double page for weeks 8 & 9

Here I used Ranger's Texture Paste through Tim Holtz Layering Stencils to create a textured layer.


The bright morning sunshine helps to show the dimension that this gives to a page.


Here the texture paste, applied through the Faded Dots stencil, has been left uncoloured.


I coloured over the Typo numerals, once the paste had set.


From this angle, you can see that although it adds texture,
it does not add too much depth to the art journal page.


In week 16, I used the texture paste through the Bubble stencil.


Here is was used as a white highlight to an already visually busy background.