Search this blog

07 April 2015

Water under the bridge


The theme for April at The Documented Life Project is
Colour Safari
(Exploring Inks and Paints)

The Art Challenge is
Week 14.  Watercolours
& the Journal Prompt is
Week 14.  It's Water Under the Bridge
I am looking forward to playing in my art journal this month.

I plan to dive in & resist the temptation to think first.

Learning to let go ...

I love watercolours & how they blend & move around the paper.

Learning to let go ...

I created the mottled effect by dabbing the wet colour with a piece of kitchen towel.

I used Yellow Ochre, Lemon Yellow, Red, Purple with a dash of White.

My Purple had dried solid in the tube, so I just unfolded the end of the metal tube to access the solid block of colour.

Splats & Splashes

Once dried, I added definition to the lettering, using my Faber-Castell black watercolour pencil.

Watercolour paint over gesso

A quick & easy page, just going with the flow ...