Search this blog

04 April 2015

Rest in Peace


I'm back with a double page spread in my journal, this time I have used the pages

Sleep with the Journal
(Describe the experience here.)

I pressed my beautiful vintage rose, which I shared on Instagram.

This is a photograph of it in bloom.

Vintage Rose

Then as it faded & died.

Faded pale beauty
For time passes without care
Memories hold fast

I  covered a manilla tag in white gesso, then added Distress Ink
(tattered rose, milled lavender, dusty concord & picked raspberry),
stamping a script image in the picked raspberry.


The backing paper is old stock from Scissor Sisters (Textured Sage & Dusky Blue).


I attached my rose with washi tape
& added the elastic cord from around the bottle, to the top of the tag,

My rose can now rest in peace in my journal,
although I may be back to add a few more finishing touches.