Search this blog

11 April 2015

Playing with colour

Time to catch up with a class from last month.

It's been a while since I indulged in a class & I must say, I had a fabulous time.

The tutor was Helen Chilton, who demonstrated the different ways to use the multicoloured Kaleidacolor ink pads.

She is a really hands on type of tutor & oozed enthusiasm, encouraging us to experiment
& provided valuable expertise when needed.

She was so patient with her students.

As usual, I enjoyed playing without managing to finish anything.


Below is a greeting card made since the class, using three of the pieces I brought home.


One technique we used to create backgrounds was using brayers. The surface of the one I was given was marked with dried paint spots, which created perfectly imperfect uneven patterns.



Kaleidacolor ink pads (Calypso & Luau), glossy white card & a PaperArtsy Mini rubber stamp (MN61).

I recommend the Craft scrubbie from Ranger's Inkssentials range
for removing ink from your hands after playing with colour.